The goal of the certification is to teach younger workers how to stay safe in the workplace and begin to prepare our students for a safe future in their chosen career. By providing our students with fundamental safety knowledge needed in the workplace, this program brings the significance of safety to the forefront. Topics covered include the following:
• Introduction to OSHA Flammable & Combustible Liquids
• Hand & Power Tools Materials Handling
• Walking Working Surfaces Stairways, Scaffolds, & Ladders
• Disaster Preparedness Welding & Cutting
• Electrical Safety & Health Programs
The OSHA certificate is highly regarded in industry and will be advantageous for our students in the workplace.
Training meets OSHA Guidelines for First Aid Programs and combines lecture, interactive video demonstrations featuring
emergency scenarios that are likely to occur in a workplace environment and hands-on training to teach participants
• First aid: Participants learn first aid skills for treating a variety of injuries, such as burns, wounds, head, neck and back injuries, and heat and cold emergencies. Participants also learn to manage sudden illnesses, stroke,seizure, bites and poisoning.
• CPR - Adult: Participants learn how to perform CPR and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in adults.
• CPR - Child and Infant: Participants learn how to prevent, recognize and respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies in infants and children under 12 .
• AED - Participants learn how to use automatic external defibrillators.
The goal of the First-Aid/CPR Course is to provide the students with certification for more marketable skills in the workplace.
Microsoft Office Specialist Training
The Microsoft Office Specialist Training program provides advanced instructor and on-line based training in multiple Microsoft Office 2007 utilities including Microsoft Office Word®, Microsoft Office Power Point®, Microsoft Office Excel®, Microsoft Office Outlook®, and Microsoft Vista for the Business Worker®. Each course is offered as a stand-alone, self-paced program utilizing both Custom Guide online learning solutions and Kaplan IT Learning systems. Upon successful completion of the program the
students will be given the opportunity to take the Certiport test for their corresponding class and receive their certification from Microsoft®.